Learning at Temple Beth David is a lifelong pursuit, and we offer educational opportunities for people of all ages.
- Bagel Breakfasts where we invite speakers on a wide range of interesting topics – and, of course, enjoy a nosh!
- Cathy Ryne Memorial Adult Hebrew Classes on Sundays when Religious School is in session, for people interested in reading prayers or conversational Hebrew.
- The Cathy Ryne Adult Hebrew I (9:30 AM) is for new beginners who want to learn to read Hebrew as it is printed in our prayer books.
- The Cathy Ryne Adult Hebrew II (10:30 AM) for those who can read printed Hebrew prayers and now want to understand them.
- The Cathy Ryne Adult Hebrew III (11:30 AM) is our most advanced class.
- For those who want to learn to converse in Modern Hebrew, Bat Mitzvah student Hadassah Sommer, as her mitzvah project, offers a free Hebrew for Travelers class Sunday afternoons at 1:30 at Arcadia Gardens Retirement Hotel, in their library.
- Ethics from a Jewish Perspective discusses Jewish values and ethical concepts that are relevant today, based upon the weekly Torah portion. Since the topic changes weekly, anyone may join any session.
- Torah Discussions with our own Bill Finn, author of Unorthodox Torah.
- Judaism 101 Series for those who want to learn more about Jewish topics. This year our focus is “Bringing Judaism into the Home.”
- Special Classes with our Rabbi and Cantor.
Note: The Intermediate Hebrew and Ethics both have the same time slot. They alternate weekly.