Learning at Temple Beth David is a lifelong pursuit, and we offer educational opportunities for people of all ages:
- Bagel Breakfasts where we invite speakers on a wide range of interesting topics - and, of course, enjoy a nosh!
- Cathy Ryne Memorial Adult Hebrew Classes on Sundays when Religious School is in session, for people interested in reading prayers or conversational Hebrew.
- The Cathy Ryne beginning adult Hebrew is for new beginners who want to learn to read Hebrew as it is printed in our prayer books.
- The Cathy Ryne intermediate adult Hebrew for those who can read printed Hebrew prayers and now want to understand and learn them, to put them into practice during services.
- For those who want to learn to converse in Modern Hebrew, Bat Mitzvah student Hadassah Sommer, as her mitzvah project, offers a free Hebrew for Travelers class Sunday afternoons at 1:30 at Arcadia Gardens Retirement Hotel, in their library.
- Ethics from a Jewish Perspective discusses Jewish values and ethical concepts that are relevant today, based upon the weekly Torah portion. Since the topic changes weekly, anyone may join any session.
- Torah Discussions with our own Bill Finn, author of Unorthodox Torah.
- Judaism 101 Series for those who want to learn more about Jewish topics. This year our focus is "Bringing Judaism into the Home."
- Special Classes with our Rabbi and Cantor.
Note: The Intermediate Hebrew and Ethics both have the same time slot. They alternate weekly.
Check our Calendar for upcoming events or contact the Temple office for more information about our Adult Education program.